Monday, February 8, 2010

Stuff

Hey, all! Here's some notes and apologies and whatnot for the last weird week:

- I apologize for not posting a Poem of the Week yesterday. Because of my job and the Super Bowl (yes, I stop everything to watch the Super Bowl), I ran out of time to post. But don't worry, Poem of the Week will be back to its usual schedule next Sunday.

- I am currently reading two books right now: W.H. Auden's Selected Poems and Alice Munro's new book of short stories. I'll post reviews as soon as they're finished.

- This week, I'll be posting a new list and some other stuff, since I've been so errant in posting lately.

- And finally, for those of you who watched the Super Bowl, let me say that I was really dismayed with how sexist the commercials were this year. I felt like every other commercial portrayed women as nagging, shopaholic, bitchy objects of sexual lust. Women watch the Super Bowl too, corporate America!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, I wasn't the only one disturbed by how misogynist this year's Super Bowl ads were:
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-highs-and-lows-of-this-years-super-bowl-ads,37983/

    I know this has nothing to do with books. I just think it's really interesting.

    ReplyDelete